Get help with your trade-in
If your device is requoted after inspection, and you don’t like the value, we’ll ship it back to you free of charge!
But to avoid this, please see our Device Inspection Tips below!
Go to your
Trade Status Page
Login to check on the status of your trade and contact your Support Team.
Disable Activation Locks
To protect your privacy, we can’t inspect or reuse devices with Activation Locks enabled
Why trade in?
Inspecting your device:
Smartphones & Tablets
Packing your device:
Shipping with your own box
What happens next?
The Inspection Process in a nutshell...
Receive & Unpack
- Photo-document any packages received in damaged condition
- Open and confirm package contents
- Scan in trade
- Confirm no battery swelling is detectible
- Power-up device and verify its ability to hold a charge
- Re-erase data and reinstall OS
- Confirm device model and Activation Locks disabled
- Full component and system check
- Check Camera for damage to the lens
- Confirm functionality of buttons, keys and/or trackpads
- Check condition of input ports
- Check screen for cracks or deep scratches
- Inspect LCD for display damage (i.e. flicker, image burn-in, "dead pixels")
- Look for areas where the protective coating is worn off
- 360-degree inspection of body/housing for dents, cracks, & deep scratches
- Check device and liquid exposure indicators for evidence of water damage
Our inspection facilities practice the highest standards of data security, asset tracking and personal safety, and every device is tracked throughout the inspection process.
No magnification tools are used during inspection, and any physical damage found is recorded with notes and documenting photos.
If your device’s inspected value is lower than the amount quoted to you, then it is set aside and you will be immediately notified so you can determine how you want to proceed with the trade. If you don't like the new value quoted to you, we'll ship your device back to you free of charge!
Do you have questions about the process or your trade?
Contact your Customer Support Team via Phone, Email or Live Chat
Get contact info and available hours the bottom of our emails or log in to your Trade Status page at: https://phobio.com/tradein/status