Looking for Leadership Inspiration? Check Out These 12 Quotes from Successful Entrepreneurs.
Running a business in 2020 is no joke. Between a global pandemic, social unrest, an
unpredictable economy and uncertainty about the future, it’s been a tough year for
Whether you’re a budding startup founder or a seasoned CEO of a well-established
organization, every business leader could use some extra encouragement right now. We’ve got
you covered. Here are 12 inspirational quotes from successful entrepreneurs, including one
from our very own founder.
1. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”–Walt Disney
2. “Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success
will naturally follow.”—Oprah Winfrey
3. “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”—Dale Carnegie
4. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about
that, you’ll do things differently.”—Warren Buffett
5. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied
is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love
what you do.”– Steve Jobs
6. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every
evening think what can be done better tomorrow.”—Ingvar Kamprad, Founder, Ikea
7. “The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the
world.”—Marc Benioff, Founder & CEO, Salesforce
8. “Show me a person who never made a mistake, and I will show you a person who never
did anything.”—William Rosenberg, Founder, Dunkin’ Donuts
9. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You
can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can
achieve.”—Mary Kay Ash, Founder, Mary Kay Cosmetics
10. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.”—Tony
Hsieh, Former CEO of Zappos
11. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the
more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”—Arianna Huffington, Co-Founder
of The Huffington Post and Founder & CEO of Thrive Global
12. “Build a team that inspires you with their creativity, their unwillingness to accept no for
an answer and their ingenuity to work around any problem. These are the people who
will make your business unstoppable.”—Stephen Wakeling, CEO & Co-Founder of
We hope these powerful words motivate you to forge ahead during these trying times. Our CEO
Stephen Wakeling is living proof that perseverance is essential to business success. He founded
Phobio in 2010 with a group of friends who saw opportunity in the growing trade-in market.
They wanted to create a more honest way for businesses to maximize profitability while
offering a better customer experience—and with plenty of blood, sweat and tears, they pulled
it off. Today, Phobio is the most transparent and trustworthy company in the trade-in industry.
Want to learn more about our user-friendly trade-in solutions? Let’s talk!